Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Horror Movie- Scream Or Laugh?

Hi Lovlies, yesterday I was watching a movie and started thinking: “ Why people scream?” I came across this article today and it talks about why some people would scream or laugh at the same horror film. 

Basically I guess it’s just how people are “wired” differently. Our genes decide how we would react to certain things. Either we are able to keep our anxiety more or less in control base on our genes. 

I remember the other day I was watching a horror film... I think it was “ Chain Letters” It was a bad film, a lot of gruesome images, but at some points I would actually laughing at the film & my hubby was a tiny bit horrified and ask me how is it even funny?! Haha... Although I also wonder... could we be “trained” to control our anxiety? I mean if our genes decides our anxiety control, how do we train it? 

I have always been a horror film fan, but honestly, I was scared to death of it no matter how much I love to watch it. There was a period of time, where I watch numerous horror films at once. After that, I started to become more immune to it & not as scared anymore. However, I guess the article still makes sense, because despite the fact that I used to be scared to death with horror films, I never screamed. 



So, do you scream or laugh at horror films? 

xoxo hitomineko xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment