Tuesday, May 3, 2011

CoverGirl LipPerfection Transformation Challenge

Back in February, I had an opportunity to test COVERGIRL's newest lipstick, LipPerfection lipcolor. LipPerfection does double duty – while drenching your pout in rich, creamy color, it performs like a treatment. Silk therapy moisturizers hydrate and smooth dry lips. So, the more you wear it, the better your lips look and feel. COVERGIRL promises the product's "Silk Moisturizing Complex" provides smooth gorgeous color and sustained levels of moisture to actually improve lip condition in just 7 days.

After testing it out for a few days, off and on, I was so impressed by the flattering shades, staying power and unique formula that I included it in a Beauty Breakthroughs article I penned for Philadelphia Magazine.  But, to be honest, I didn't test it for seven days straight, so I really couldn't verify the better-lips-in-a-week claim.

But a few weeks ago, I was contacted by COVERGIRL – and they asked me to do just that. So I agreed to take the "LipPerfection Transformation Challenge" and wear nothing but LipPerfection on my lips for a week. Over the next seven days, I'll be chronicling my experience here, sharing my experience with the product. And this time, next week, I'll let you know whether or not to believe the hydration hype.

So for the first day of the challenge, I decided to go for the something out of my comfort zone. When I wear makeup, nine times out of ten, I wear lipgloss – and a nude/neutral one, at that. COVERGIRL sent me all 44 shades of LipPerfection, so I had a plethora of pretty shades to choose from.

Siren (left), Tempt (right)

I opted for a richly pigmented, bright pink called Siren. It applied very smoothly and felt comfortable on my lips. But after seeing my reflection in the mirror, I felt that it was a little light for my complexion. I was running late for work and didn't feel like taking it off and starting over – so I grabbed a wine shade, called Tempt, and layered it on top. The result was a gorgeous fuchsia that garnered a handful of compliments at work, and made me feel like a more polished version of myself.

My lips didn't feel or get dry, and I didn't feel the urge to swipe on lip balm throughout the day, like I usually do. And it gets better: my lipstick looked freshly applied all day long (even after lunch!) and even when it faded in the late afternoon, it left behind a uniform, intentional looking stain.

So far, so good. I'll be back in a few days for an update.

*COVERGIRL is compensating me for my time and participation in the LipPerfection Transformation Challenge; however, all opinions shared are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment