Thursday, March 6, 2008

Urban Decay Loose Pigments: Thrills And Spills


I am an Urban Decay groupie. So I really wanted to love their new Loose Pigments. I expected to fall head over heels for these intense, silky soft shadows. But while I am fond of the Urban Decay’s newest offering, I can’t say I’m in love.

I give these pigments major props because the hues are incredibly beautiful. Every shade is a superstar. Believe it or not, the formula is actually mineral makeup, made from pearlized powders - and no dyes or synthetic pigments are used.

But the problem with the product lies in the packaging. Urban Decay created a spill-proof tube, cap with an ergonomic flared handle, and built-in brush to minimize mess…except it’s still kinda cumbersome. The brush picks up a wee too much product, and spills excess pigment when you remove it from the tube. So you end up with hands and fingers sprinkled with shadow before you’ve even lifted the brush to you eyelid.

If you’re thinking about purchasing the Loose Pigments, I would recommend visiting Sephora and playing around with testers. Try before you buy, so to speak.

Bottom line, if these were Pressed Pigments instead of Loose, I’d own one in every color.


Left to right: Smog (medium brown ), Asphyxia (bright pink w/ purple shift), Goddess (midnight blue w/ electric blue microglitter), and Goddess (midnight blue w/ electric blue microglitter).

No comments:

Post a Comment