Sunday, March 23, 2008

MAC Strobe Review


In early March, MAC unveiled Strobe - three enlightened ways to brighten your look: Strobe Cream, our original blend of sheer soft-focus diffusers; Strobe Liquid, instant radiance in fluid, light-diffusion form; and for lips, Tinted Lip Conditioner Stick SPF 15 with strobe pearl.

Now that I've had an opportunity to play, here are my thoughts on the collection...

Strobe Liquid is a must have. It is such a remarkable product that I've used it every day since I received my bottle. The light-diffusers add a radiance to skin that looks like it's coming from within - so it looks like you're glowing, not your makeup. Apply it selectively (cheekbones, browbone, bridge of the nose, cupid's bow) or mix it in with your foundation/tinted moisturizer and apply all over. Either way, you can't go wrong. This universally flattering product is the best highlighter I've ever used. Use Strobe Liquid if your skin is normal, or on the oily side. If you have dry skin, opt for the Strobe Cream.


On the other hand, when it comes to the Tinted Lip Conditioner Stick SPF 15 - I say save your money. These lip conditioners moisturize and protect your pout, but as you can see from the photo above, they leave only a hint of color. In my opinion, the barely-there color payout isn't worth $14.50.

Stay tuned for reviews of MAC's Beauty Powder Blush and Heatherette collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment