Monday, March 24, 2008

Thank Heaven For Heatherette


Yesterday, Mr. Spoiled Pretty and I went over my parents’ house for Easter Dinner. When I walked through the front door, I immediately noticed my mom’s sassy lipcolor.

Here’s how the convo went down...

Mom: Do you like my new lipstick?
Me: Actually, I really do. What lipstick is that?
Mom: Oh, it’s from MAC. That new stuff. I can’t remember the name.
Me: From Heatherette?
Mom: Yeah, that’s it! Hollywood Nights is the name, I think.

What the bleep?!?! My mother is down with Heatherette? Here I thought I was too cute with my lips slicked in Sock Hop – and my mother goes and tops me by wearing in-your-face fuchsia.

I guess the point of this story is to emphasize the universal appeal of this color collection. From club kids to soccer moms (and all of us in between), everyone is loving Heatherette. And from the swatches below, you can see why. Nothing fell short of my expectations, which speaks volumes – because I had high hopes for Heatherette.

Which products are my favorites? They’re all amazing. But let’s put it this way…if I had a limited budget, here are the ones I’d pick up, mos def:

Hollywood Nights Lipstick
Sock Hop Lipglass
Heatherette Trio 1
Any of the Dual Edge Eye Pencils (you can’t go wrong)

And without further ado, my pics...


Here's my Heatherette sampling, courtesy of the munificent folks at MAC.


Left to right: Pink Pearl Pigment, 3D Silver Glitter, and Heatherette Trio 1 (Mood Ring, Hoppin’, and Cloudburst).


Left to right: Dual Edge Eye Pencils in Phone Me/Text Me and Nighthawk/Front Row.


Top to bottom: Lipglass in Sock Hop, Lipstick in Lollipop Lovin, Lipglass in Style Minx, and Lipstick in Hollywood Nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment