Thursday, January 31, 2008

How To Style Your Bangs To The Side


In the February issue of Allure, a reader asks, “I want to wear my bangs to the side. How do I style them?”

Garren, the owner of the Garren New York salon at the Sherry-Netherland Hotel in NYC shares some words of wisdom. He writes:

Looser, softer bangs are in right now, and getting that effect is all in how you dry them. Part your hair when it’s damp, apply a conditioning spray (or a styling spray with very light hold), and sweep bangs to the side. Then let them air-dry almost fully; they’ll take direction better than if you started blow-drying when they were soaking wet. Use a large, round brush to pull the bangs down and to the side as you finish them with the blow-dryer – never pull forward; you’ll end up with a big bump. If you need to get ready quickly, blow-dry your hair most of the way, then sweep your bangs over and tuck them behind your ear so the effect will still be soft and natural.

Garren's advice isn't so helpful to brown girls like me (let my relaxed hair air-dry? neva eva). But for other hair types, he probably knows what he's talking about – so I thought I’d share.

No comments:

Post a Comment