Wednesday, January 23, 2008

One Of A Kind

A few weeks ago, I was super-excited to receive an email from Kathleen Dreier, letting me know that Daneen was in the mail and on its way to my doorstep. Confused? Let me back up. Kathleen is the owner of Esens Custom Fragrances, and has been creating custom fragrances for 17 years. Daneen is the perfume she blended especially for me.

I have to admit that, at first, I was a little skeptical about purchasing personalized fragrance over the Internet. I’m indecisive and difficult to please – I could spend an hour in Sephora smelling all of the perfumes, and walk out empty-handed because nothing’s blown me away or because it’s impossible to choose.

But Kathleen was a pleasure to work with. From the start, I communicated directly with her via email. She asked me to answer a few simple questions – about my personality, interests, and scents that I like. From these answers (and a couple photos I attached to the email - for good measure), she created Daneen.

My custom scent is a blend of ten notes, including Ambrette, Magnolia, Vanilla Bean, and Vetiver. Somehow Kathleen managed to concoct a fragrance that I adore – which is amazing because, most of the time, I don’t even know what I like.

A ¼ ounce bottle of pure essence (a 9- to 12-month supply) costs $100, and includes a handwritten art card that describes each of the oils she's personally selected for your fragrance. All Esens perfume blends are original, and no scent design is ever duplicated…so you can be assured that your fragrance is one of a kind – just like you. Esens also keeps your personalized formula permanently on file for reorders - offered at 45% of the original cost!

The turnaround time for personalized perfumes is 7 to 10 days from order to delivery. And Kathleen guarantees your satisfaction is guaranteed; if you’re not happy with your fragrance, she will reformulate your blend.

Valentine’s Day is only three weeks away, ladies. So start dropping hints now.

No comments:

Post a Comment