Monday, January 28, 2008

Guest Post: The Body Shop Metallic Eye & Cheek Palette


The following review is courtesy of guest blogger, Angela Showell. Take it away, Angela...

The Body Shop Metallic Eye & Cheek Palette #02 comes in a really pretty gold case - and from the front little window, I could see that the colors were right up my alley: golds, blue, and copper. I then decided to get a closer look by opening the case. It was extremely hard to open. I do have acrylic fingernails so they are a little long, but not even my stubby fingernailed husband could get it open on the first try! Eventually he got it, thus making this review possible!

The case has a mirror and long-handled, double sided applicator which was handy for the eyeshadow, but not so much for the bronzer. So, I broke outmy fluffy blush brush and got to work.

I applied the bronzer over my normal cream powder foundation (shout out to Neutrogena). It was a little too bronze for my winter pale-ness so I toned it down with a little more foundation blending. Next I went for my all over lid color. The palette came with 3 shades of gold (well, a light gold, a true gold, and a bronze) and one shimmery blue. I used the light gold as a base and then did the blue for my inner corner (it came out kind of green when mixed with the light gold) and blended in the copper for my outer crease. I used the applicator to do the blending instead of my normal brush, it worked out pretty well with a little help from my finger (the best blending tool anyway, your mom is right).

The eyeshadows stayed a nice color all day, with minimal creasing. Overall, I really liked this product. The colors are neutral enough that it could be your everyday standby.

No comments:

Post a Comment