Sunday, January 27, 2008

SAG Awards 2008 Red Carpet Recap

This afternoon, I had the pleasure of participating in a web seminar - presenting four new products from CoverGirl. CoverGirl celebrity makeup artist, Molly R. Stern and Procter & Gamble Beauty Senior Scientist, Sarah Vickery discussed CoverGirl's latest beauty innovations (more on that later) and this season's red carpet makeup trends.

Before she had to run off to work her makeup magic at the SAG Awards, I asked Molly to predict what beauty trends we would be seeing on the red carpet. Without hesitation, she responded that - this awards season – women want to look more like themselves. Fast-forward a few hours to the SAG Awards arrivals…Molly couldn’t have been more right-on.

Usually, the SAG Awards are a total non-issue to me. But this year, thanks to the Golden Globes cancellation, I have been absolutely jonesing for a red carpet fix for weeks – and the SAG Awards didn’t disappoint.








Low chignons and beachy waves were popular; as were lush lashes paired with understated lips. If I had to play favorites, I’d have to say that I’m loving me some Jamie Lynn Sigler (so envious of how effortlessly chic she always looks), Brittany Snow (check out the Veronica Lake likeness), Debra Messing (red hot), and Eva Longoria (she has perfect hair/makeup/gown/accessories down to a science).


But if I only had one award to give out, it would go to America Ferrera – hands down; she is my style goddess.




I also love that Amanda Bynes isn’t trying to look any older than her 21 years. And I’m not advocating plastic surgery, but Michelle Pfeiffer’s face looks amazing!


Bonus: Angelina Jolie showed up wearing an ombre Hermes dress, that pretty much confirmed her rumored pregnancy. Congrats, Brangelina!

No comments:

Post a Comment