Thursday, January 31, 2008

Beauty Turns Ugly


Yesterday, the New York Times ran a particularly scathing piece about beauty bloggers. In a nutshell, the 'expose' likened us to beauty whores – posting for free products.

There are so many inaccurate allegations in this article that I have neither the time nor the energy to set the record straight. Luckily, fellow BBN member Christina posted a retort on her blog, Bon Bons in the Bath…and I wholeheartedly agree with her assertions.

So Spoiled Pretty readers, please be assured that I am solely motivated by my love for all things beauty – and the opportunity to converse with you all everyday. Product samples and industry events are wonderful perks; but essentially, these benefits are what enable bloggers to compete with 'traditional' beauty media – and provide you with the unbiased reviews, breaking news, and tips you crave, in real time.

If you have any questions about the beauty blogging biz or the product review process, I am open to questions. Please feel free to email me, or leave a remark in comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment