Thursday, January 24, 2008

She Wore Blue Satin


When I heard that Chanel’s Blue Satin was the most coveted nail color for Spring 2008, I couldn’t run to the store quick enough, wrap my digits around a bottle, and bring it home with me. Normally, I would balk at paying $19 for nail polish. But when every magazine and website is promising it’s going to change my life, what’s a beauty junkie to do?

Blue Satin goes on smoothly, and the pigment is remarkably rich - so you only need one coat. In very bright light, the polish vacillates between sparkling sapphire and inky indigo. But most of the time, it just looks black. And not even a shimmery obsidian, either…just flat, matte black.


All I’ve read is rave reviews about this color…so I really wanted to buy into the buzz. Regrettably, I cannot. I expected the shade to pop more against my skin tone, which it didn’t in the slightest – and I’m convinced that it’s much more complimentary to paler complexions.

I’m going out on a limb – and you can take this review with a grain of salt – but I don’t think this lacquer lives up to the hype. In my humble opinion, the propaganda is outta control…some ebay sellers are charging $45 for a single bottle!

If Blue Satin cost half of its actual price, it might get more of an endorsement. But for my money, I’d rather buy three bottles of Essie, OPI, China Glaze, or Creative Nail Design.

I’ve got the blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment