Monday, January 7, 2008

Mood Swing


Are you the type of person who wears your heart on your sleeve? Now, thanks to Too Faced, you can wear your mood on your lips too. Mood Swing is a new lip gloss that changes color on your lips depending on your body heat, ph balance, and mood. The formulation starts off clear and blossoms into countless shades of pink - from cotton candy to deep fuchsia - depending on the wearer's emotional state.

Personally, I think the gimmick is kinda clever*. Nevertheless, I doubt I would ever purchase this product because I’m a control freak. Call me uptight or boring if you want to, but I don’t like surprises – and I really don’t like capricious cosmetics. But if you insist on wearing makeup with a mind of its own, I would recommend Mood Swing over Smashbox O-Gloss (which happens to be sold out online and in many Sephora stores). They're essentially identical glosses, but with Mood Swing ($18.50 for .45 oz, versus $22 for .34 oz), you get more product for less money.

Or you could spend the same amount on a pretty pink that never changes its shade, but always looks great on you – regardless of your mood.

*Too Faced has another gimmicky gloss. FUZE Slenderize Guilt Free Lip Gloss is infused with fruit flavors and appetite curbing energy boasting ingredients found in FUZE Slenderize beverages. Supposedly, it “energizes and slenderizes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment