Saturday, June 25, 2011

Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara

A few weeks ago, I signed my son, Westley, up for swimming lessons at the local YMCA - and this morning was his first class. Since I'm a new mom and busier than ever, I decided to multitask and test a new beauty product while we got our swim on.

Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara's light gel formula has been rigorously field-tested in the ocean as well as the sweat-drenched gym. The exclusive Japanese formula refuses to budge. A special microcrystalline wax works with the dense, fuzzy brush to increase seductive length and volume, without ever flaking off and compromising your lashes' natural feathery texture. Mermaids can now sing their siren songs with abandon, and high maintenance types can cry all they want.

I quickly swiped on a coat before heading out the door and prayed that the product delivered on its promises. And while Westley and I were splashing around and dunking our heads under the water, I kept hoping that I wasn't having a Tammy Faye moment. But as my mom used to say about school, "It's not a fashion show." Thanks Mom, for always putting things into perspective.

Anyway, when I returned to the locker room and found a mirror, I was pleasantly surprised. My mascara looked freshly applied with no smears or smudges. And even as I vigorously dried my face with my towel, my mascara didn't budge.


This is me, post-swim. My natural lashes are so stumpy, they don't usually show up in photos.
If you're looking for a volumizing formula, this isn't it. But if you want a mascara that adds good length and delivers natural-looking, you-but-better results, this is a great choice. But if you buy it, you'd be wise to invest in a good makeup remover. Coincidentally, Urban Decay's Melt Down Makeup Remover is also new.

Both are available at urbandecay.com and Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment