Monday, June 27, 2011

Makeup Mondays With Mario: Red Carpet Glow


Celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic is answering your burning beauty questions!!! Every Monday, he will answer a beauty/skin care question as part of a weekly column on Spoiled Pretty, Makeup Mondays with Mario.


Hey Mario!

I think you're so sweet to be giving advice to people! But one thing I have to ask is about the celebrity glow that most celebrities have when they're on the red carpet. I visited a few makeup stores and they all keep telling me to use Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs. I did, but it was just so messy and it smudged everywhere, especially on my clothes and it made me look more oily rather than giving me a glow. I'm already tanned so I don't need to get something with color/tint in it – what I want is the shine and the glow.

What do actual celebrities use to get that awesome Brazilian glow (face & body)? I really hope you have the answers!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks in advance,
Mona

Hi Mona,

Achieving that red carpet glow that you and so many others love may require some trial and error. Celebrities and their makeup artists use many different products and techniques to get the skin glowing. There is no specific product that we all use. Personally, I tend to mix and blend a few different things together because this allows me to create a custom blend that perfectly fits each individual client.

There are a few things you should always take into consideration before you get your glow on. For example, skin tone - darker or olive tones look great with a golden glow. Pale, lighter skin looks best with a pearl-ish glow. Do you want any coverage with the glow or just some shine? The Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs provides superior coverage and a beautiful, even glow when applied and blended correctly.

Since you're not looking for something with color, you may want to try using a highlighting product in a powder form like Eye M Glam from giella.com, applied with a big brush. This will feel the lightest on your skin and you can easily mix it with your favorite body lotion and apply with your hands.

Also keep in mind that the glow you see on the red carpets is heightened by all of the amazing lighting/cameras, etc. Try having someone photograph you in a similar lighting to the occasion so you can see how the glow looks on you before you go out. I almost always do this because what we see with the naked eye differs from how the camera captures it. You will, most likely, need to add some more glow after looking at the photo or blend some of it out if you went overboard.

Thanks for visiting Makeup Mondays with Mario!

xo,
Mario


Got a question for Mario? Email your makeup and skin care queries to spoiledprettyquestions@gmail.com, and check back next Monday to read Mario's expert advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment