Monday, April 11, 2011

Rana Daggubati: I shared a rapport with Bipasha



Rana Daggubati Telugu actor, who is set to make his debut in Rohan Sippy's Maaro Dum Dum, has a wonderful line. Is the grandson of veteran producer D Rama Naidu (Guinness record producing the maximum number of films and Dada Saheb Phalke winner), son of D Suresh Babu is the producer and the nephew ofTelugu superstar Venkatesh.

A former businessman, who led the visual effects company and the Oscar-winning feature film National bellyful of Dreams in 2007,Rana turned actor last year in Telugu film Leader, directed bySekhar Kammula National Award.

The film also stars Abhishek Bachchan, Bipasha Basu andPrateik.

Rana conversation with Radhika Rajamani, and talks about the film, his relationship with Bipasha, and much more.

Were you surprised when he suggested Maaro Dum Dum?

I was surprised, because for sure after the first big Telugu film,usually the plan for the next film Telugu, or bilingual (Tamil-Telugu)film. This focus, because I live here (in Hyderabad) and what you are doing.


I has signed Dum Maaro Dum even before leader released. when the promos of leader started
coming out in december ,it created a buzz in Mumbai circles because of political nature. Rohan saw the promos and he and Shridhar Raghavan (the writter) called me and told me they were sending me script to me were i got the script to me.


when i got the script, i saw there were three characters . I did'nt know who i was playing .So i called him back .He said it was Joachim. that's the best character! I liked while reading it and said so. I flew down to Mumbai. I liked them and they liked me. It all happened very fast.Then i looked test happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment