Monday, April 25, 2011

Bollywood celebrities bereaved by Satya Sai Baba's demise



Death of the self-styled godman Satya Sai Baba, whose millions of fans run to the left at least one household in Bollywood feel deprived.Shilpa Shetty's mother is a huge admirer of Sai Baba. The loss hit hard Shettys.
Shilpa says, "My mother is a huge devotee of Sai Baba. She is in New York and is devastated by this news. Unfortunately, I never met him."
Sonu Sood is another actor who grew up in the shadow of Sai. He seems to be the only direct Sai devotee in the industry. Sood says, "My mother was a strong supporter of Sai Baba's teachings. So it was and continues to be an integral part of my life. I am a supporter of Sai. I remember my mom, but the picture of Sai Baba, when I was 5 years old. It was then that I learned of Sai Baba . I do not see him. But I'm behind him forever. It's sad that we lose all the symbols of faith, one after another. "
Hema Malini had the rare opportunity to meet Sai Baba. "I met him once. It was a meeting etched in my mind and heart forever. It was my fervent wish to dance in his presence. He loved the fine arts including dance. I've heard so much about his good work. He was a great soul. He has done so much for the needy! faith that the people in it was amazing. I'm sure it will come back in some of the avatar. "
Another devotee of Sai, director Ananth Mahadevan highlights amazing coincidence, the spiritual. "Sai Baba died on the resurrection of Jesus Christ (Easter). Is this a coincidence or a signal?" I had a friend at school who was a great admirer. Ash falling from the accident took place in the picture of a friend's house. I visited his place and waited for it to happen for me. When Sai Baba came to Bombay. I went to a huge ground in Chembur where devotees are not crowded. I saw him there the first time. It's as close as I got to him. His philanthropic activities are commendable. But his godly status isdoubtful. His death comes as a reminder of the mortality of the so-called gods. "
Mahesh Bhatt remembers accompanying his friend Kabir Bedi once Sai Baba meeting. "It was during the turbulent 1970 after my experiments with LSD. Then I set my eyes Satya Sai Baba. He made me realize that you must believe in an external force is permanently connected to humanity."
Raveena Tandon never saw Sai Baba, but he believes in his charity work. 
"Not him. But I learned a lot from him. He funded a number of schools and hospitals, charitable causes. Enriched lives with spiritual guidance. It was a life well lived." 
Courtesy: Bollywood Hungama 

No comments:

Post a Comment