Monday, April 18, 2011

Makeup Mondays With Mario: Mascara Made Easy


Celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic is answering your burning beauty questions!!! Every Monday, he will answer a beauty/skin care question as part of a weekly column on Spoiled Pretty, Makeup Mondays with Mario.

Hi Mario!

I'm confused and I need your help. It seems that there are so many conflicting "rules" about how to apply mascara and I don't know which ones to follow. Some say to hold the wand vertically while others say horizontally. I've been told to bend the wand - what good does that do? And some tips say let your mascara dry between coats, while other tips say not to let the coat dry before applying more. 

If anyone knows the best way to apply mascara, I know it's you. So please help, Mario!

You rock,
Reena

Hey Reena,

I don't blame you for feeling confused! Applying mascara should be one of the most simple steps in your makeup routine. I'm not sure that there is technically a "best way" to apply mascara as it really depends on your lashes and how you prefer them to look and feel. When I apply mascara, I hold the wand horizontally and apply it first to the root of the lash up to the tip.  If I want a darker and fuller lash, I usually wiggle the brush from side to side to really coat the lashes with mascara. 


I prefer to apply a second or third coat while the lashes are still wet because it allows for easier blending and separating. The same goes for the bottom lashes as well. I recommend you find your own way to apply mascara that feels most comfortable to you and gives you the result you want.  In other words, you make your own rules to follow!

Thanks for visiting Makeup Mondays with Mario!

xo,
Mario


Got a question for Mario? Email your makeup and skin care queries to spoiledprettyquestions@gmail.com, and check back next Monday to read Mario's expert advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment