Wednesday, April 6, 2011

MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick

I'm not really a lipstick gal. Don't get me wrong, I have hundreds of tubes of lipsticks, but I typically reserve them for special occasions. It's just that I feel more comfortable in a gloss. Plus I'm usually in a rush or on the go - so a lip product that's a little more forgiving that doesn't require a mirror to apply appeals to me.

As such, when I do reach for a lipstick, I love a sheerer finish...like MAC's lipsticks with the Lustre finish. Sheer Plum was my very first MAC purchase way back when...and Syrup, Spice It Up!, Polished Up, Cockney and Lady Bug rank among my other faves. Now, just in time for spring, MAC releases a new collection that's convinced me to give my glosses a temporary timeout: Sheen Supreme Lipstick.

Gloss is good, but there's nothing quite as wonderfully, worldly cinematic as a Lipstick – and they're coming back! We've updated formulas to make it all plausible. Sheen Supreme is the combination of the strong, sensually saturated colour of, say, Tilda Swinton's I Am Love Milanese Lipstick, leavened with the light feel and clear vibrancy, the see-through sheen of a modern New York City Girl Gloss. Imagine no muddy undertones, gliding in pearl or creme finish, moisturizing with no sticky/tacky feel.

The Sheen Supreme Lipstick shades include:

Bare Again: Pinky neutral beige
Behave Yourself: Light blue pink
Can't Get Enough: Beige neutral
Can't Resist: Golden purplish red
Full Speed: Bright clean yellow pink
Good to Be Bad: Deep burgundy
Gotta Dash!: Pale coral
Impressive: Neutral gilded plum
Insanely It: Watermelon pink
Look at Her!: Metallic copper
New Temptation: Vivid blue red
Quite the Thing!: Deep blue plum
Supremely Confident: Pale nude
Ultra Darling: Mid-tone yellow pink

If spring has you considering adopting a bright lip color, this is definitely the way to do it. A bold shade in a sheer formula is easier to wear than a creamy or matte texture. It's also fresh looking and seasonally chic.

MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick is $14.50 and available at Bloomingdale's, Macy's, Nordstrom, MAC stores and maccosmetics.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment