Saturday, December 22, 2007

Tea Time

A few weeks back, I attended the TotalBeauty.com launch event at Space NK in SoHo, NYC. My trip up from Philadelphia was, let’s put it this way, an adventure. So upon crossing the threshold into the store, I quickly downed two glasses of champagne and perused the inventory with my fellow beauty bloggers – shout out to Marina, Elke, Julia, and Antonia for putting me at ease and making me feel so welcome!

I was introduced to many new brands and products that night, but the one that I immediately regretted not buying was the Thai Tea Body Wash from Philip B. Seriously, I was on Amtrak riding back to Philly thinking, “Why didn’t I get that body wash? It smelled sooo yummy.” After a week of hemming and hawing, I broke down and decided I had to have it; and it’s been a fixture in my shower caddy ever since.

Inspired by Philip B.’s journey through Asia, Thai Tea Body Wash is enriched with 20% pure botanical plant extracts indigenous to Thailand. Ingredients include Thai Tea (rich in antioxidants), honey (moisturizes), coconut oil (softens skin), milk proteins (gently exfoliates), peppermint (stimulates circulation), lemon grass (normalizes oil production), ginger root (soothes skin), and citronella (deodorizes and balances oil production).

The smell is sweet, yet invigorating (it reminds me of the spa) and is the perfect AM pick-me-up I need before starting my day. It foams well, and tingles a little on the skin - thanks to the peppermint oil.

At $40 (you can get it at Amazon.com for $35) it’s pricey; when I first saw the cost of the Thai Tea Body Wash, my eyes were as big as saucers…don’t ya just love my puns? But a little goes a long way, so don't use a cup when a teaspoon will do (there I go again) and use a loofah to extend the life of the 12 oz. bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment