Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Glacial Facial


A few days ago, when I blogged about my Aquis Microfiber Headband, I mentioned that I was trying a new facial mask. Well, the time has come to tell you about that new product.


The Glacial Facial Purifying Mineral Mud Masque, by Alaska Glacial Mud Co, contains the most mineral-rich and pure glacial clay in the world - harvested from the remote waters of the Copper River Delta in Alaska. It detoxifies, exfoliates, and softens skin while more than 60 nourishing major and trace elements promote healthy skin cell renewal. The mud is further enriched with a special combination of botanical extracts from the Pacific Northwest, chosen for their moisturizing, softening, and anti-aging properties.

So I used the lavender-peppermint variety of the masque (also available in vanilla-lavender and unscented) for the first time this past weekend. I applied the product with the mud masque application brush; which, I must say is such a great idea…it helps you apply a thin layer so that you don’t waste any of the masque, and there’s no messy fingers! Anyway, I brushed the mud all over, and once my entire face was covered, I started to feel it working. A first, I was a little afraid of the tingle – but it dissipated almost immediately. After letting it dry, I washed the masque off with a washcloth and warm water – revealing touchably soft skin. Seriously, I couldn’t keep my hands off of my face! And unlike most masks, it doesn’t leave your face tight and dry.

After a not so great experience with DDF’s Sulfur Therapeutic Mask (it didn’t do anything for my skin, the stinky smell lingered long after the product was washed off, and it made my eyes sting for two days), I am thrilled to have found a face mask that delivers on its promises.

Bottom line: the Glacial Facial Purifying Mineral Mud Masque offers both tradition and innovation for the spa-loving and eco-conscious goddess who wants to self-indulge at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment