Monday, December 3, 2007

Go Ahead – Rain On My Parade


Humidity is my hair’s archenemy. Just the slightest bit of moisture in the air results in serious tress distress. As soon as the meteorologist mentions rain in the 5-day forecast, my hair starts misbehaving. So imagine my surprise when yesterday, in the middle of a Philadelphia freezing-rainstorm, I was that girl you love to hate. You know…the girl whose hair always looks divine, rain or shine.

So what’s my hair’s new secret weapon against the evil winter elements? I’ve been using Profound Beauty’s Stylist Linear Serum and Linear Cream.

After washing and conditioning my hair, I mix equal parts of the serum and cream in my hands and apply to towel-dried hair. The lightweight, silicone-based serum seals and protects the hair cuticle; and the cream, a blend of silicone and emollients, smoothes and softens my mutinous mane. The result is sleek, straight hair that resists humidity and doesn’t weigh hair down. In fact, I was somewhat dumbfounded at how the products managed to simultaneously straighten and add volume to my baby fine locks.

If you really want to push it, and have the girls at work seething with jealousy, finish off your do with Structure Shine - a serum that imparts long-lasting luster while protecting hair from heat styling.

Log on to profoundbeauty.com, click ‘Find Your Routine,’ and follow the online consultation. Once you have completed the questionnaire, Profound Beauty will recommend a personalized assortment of products to take you from "yikes" to "yowza."

No comments:

Post a Comment