Monday, June 2, 2008

"What Not To Wear" Takes Show On The Road


You may find this hard to believe, but a few years ago, Mama Spoiled Pretty nominated me for What Not To Wear. Being publicly humiliated on national TV would likely push the average woman to commit matricide. But my mom knows that I’m not your typical gal. She understood that I would be more than willing to embarrass myself in exchange for an all-expense paid trip to NYC, a fashion consultation with Stacey London and Clinton Kelly, $5,000 worth of clothes and accessories, and a complete hair and make-up transformation courtesy of Nick Arrojo and Carmindy.

But alas, it wasn’t meant to be. I had been one of the finalists, my mom later revealed…but I was beat out by another local woman who was even more tore-up looking than me. You should have seen me then. Though, it's probably a good thing that you didn't...you might have turned to stone, or be a pillar of salt right now.

Anyway, What Not to Wear is coming back to Philadelphia – and they’re also making stops in Chicago, New York City, New Orleans, and St. Louis areas. Do you know someone who is a walking fashion/beauty disaster? Secretly nominate them to appear on the show. Click here to apply online or email the show directly at: WhatNotToWear@bbcnyproduction.com.

*You MUST include her name AND the nearest major city (i.e. Philadelphia, New Orleans, etc.) in the subject line.

*In the email, include her name, age, size, height, occupation, marital status, children if any, location. Describe her personality, her style, and why you feel that she is a fashion disaster.

*Include any interesting anecdotes, stories or facts about your nominee.

*Include any information about upcoming events, parties, promotions, or celebrations that would require her to look her best.

*Include 2 pictures that illustrate her pitiful fashion sense.

*Be sure to include all pertinent contact information, including phone numbers, emails, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment