Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sephora Finally Nails It: Beauty Behemoth Makes Nice With OPI


I adore Sephora as much as your average makeup addict. For skincare, hair products, and color cosmetics, Sephora and I are BFF. But when it comes to nail polish, we’re more like frienemies.

For what seems like forever, they’ve been coming up seriously short in that department. I mean, the beauty emporium isn’t completely bereft of nail lacquer…but you don’t have much to choose from in terms of brands or shades.

When Sephora unveiled NARS Orgasm nail polish a few months ago, I thought it might be enough to mend this rift in our relationship. But I wasn’t particularly impressed by the orange creamsicle-like color on my tips. Nice try, Sephora…but no dice.


Now, I hear that OPI has teamed up with Sephora to create Sephora By OPI, a collection of 54 stylish shades – each with a price tag of $9. I think this is another of Sephora’s thinly-veiled attempts to woo me and get back in my good graces. And by the sound of this line, it’ll likely work.

Sephora By OPI will include a base coat, top coat, nail color drying drops, remover, and on-trend colors. The long-lasting, chip-resistant polishes are free of DBP, Toluene, and Formaldehyde. Sephora by OPI Nail Polish will be available at Sephora stores in early August, and on Sephora.com in late July.

I haven’t gotten my hands on this collection yet, but with names like Don't Go There, I'm With Brad, Never Enough Shoes and Metro Chic, how could it be bad?

For a sneak peek at the polishes, pop on over to Beauty And The Blog.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment