Wednesday, July 9, 2008

80s Ladies Week: Oh, Cargo...You're So Fine!


If you caught yesterday’s installment of 80s Ladies Week, you know that I’m pretty handy with the pom-poms. So it should come as no surprise that one of my childhood idols was singer/choreographer/fellow Philadelphian, Toni Basil.

For today’s 80s-inspired product review, I’m going to steal a line from Toni’s pop music classic…

Oh, Cargo you’re so fine,
You’re so fine you blow my mind.
Hey Cargo!
Hey Cargo!

On the 4th of July, I was invited to a late-evening barbecue not too far from my own apartment. I had to hoof it because there was no chance of finding parking anywhere in the vicinity of the art museum, which serves as backdrop for the city’s Independence Day festivities. The weather was pretty typical for July - hot and humid – with a light drizzle.


So before heading out the door, I finger painted with Cargo’s Melt-proof 3 in 1 Eye-Cheek-Lip Palette and swiped on some Better-than-waterproof Mascara. Eight city blocks later, I showed up at the party looking perfectly polished - and you know how shiny I can get. And when I returned home late that night, my makeup still looked freshly applied!!!

The Cargo Melt-proof Make-up Collection, which also includes a Melt-proof Bronzer, is limited-edition and costs $39 (retail value is $90). Pick this up immediately, you'll thank me later. You will be absolutely amazed at the staying power – it’ll blow your mind!

Cargo products are available at Sephora, Amazon.com, and cargocosmetics.com.

Isn't 80s Ladies Week totally rad? Be sure to check out Amber’s 80s inspired product review over at Beauty Blogging Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment