Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hello, QVC? Yes…It’s Spoiled Pretty Calling For Kate Somerville

Last night, I did something I’ve never done before. I called QVC. Not to buy anything…just to tell Kate Somerville that she’s a rock star. The woman is so unpretentious and glowy, what beauty addict wouldn’t wanna chitchat and pick her brain a bit?

So after two rings, a friendly customer service rep answered the phone and asked what item number I’d like to purchase. I explained that I didn’t want to purchase anything - I just wanted to talk to Kate. All the while, I was unconsciously disguising my voice. Why? I have absolutely no idea. It’s just one of those stupid things you do without rhyme or reason…as if the woman on the other end of the line is gonna say, “Daneen…is that you?”

Anyway, the representative told me that – at that time – they weren’t taking testimonials, but kindly thanked me for calling QVC before ending the call.

I would have loved to converse with Kate. We could have bonded over our mutual fondness for exfoliation. I wanted to tell her that ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment is pure genius…that my mom thinks her Line Release Under Eye Repair is worth its weight in gold…and that I can’t wait to get my mitts on her new Oil-Free Moisturizer.

But who do they patch through to Ms. Somerville? Two crazy ladies who rambled on so long that they forgot what they were talking about. Typical. It’s just like the TV news – the on-the-scene reporter always interviews the eccentric woman with curlers in her hair or the man with the missing teeth who has nothing particularly relevant to say.

Gotta get me some of that moisturizer. I’ll report back when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment