Friday, October 31, 2008

Recessionista's Fabuless Pick of the Week: L’Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara


Lately, I'd sworn off wearing mascara during the work week. You see, around 3:00pm, when my Cosi sandwich-induced stupor sets in, I absentmindedly rub my eyes…then scold myself and mutter expletives under my breath, upon realizing that I have just turned my doe eyes into racoon eyes.

But since being introduced to L’Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara (say that five times fast), I’ve ended my self-imposed, work week mascara strike. Double Extend Beauty Tubes mimics the look of lash extensions by combining a nourishing base coat with tube technology, once only found in prestige mascaras (Blinc and Fiberwig).


For half the price of the aforementioned mascaras, you get lush, lengthened lashes that won’t clump, run, smudge or flake. In fact, the other day, I accidentally fell asleep with my mascara still on (truth: went to bed without washing my face cuz I’m lazy) and when I awoke, my mascara looked ab fab and the color hadn’t migrated one bit.

I’m a gal who’s always running late, so I was initially skeptical about whether or not this 2-step mascara would fit into my free time-deptived lifestyle. So I was very happy to find that while Double Extend Beauty Tubes does involve an additional process, the extra time is minimal…the ‘Nourishing Base Coat’ doesn’t need to dry before you paint on the ‘Ultra Lengthening Tupe Top Coat.’
And here’s the best part…when it comes time to remove the mascara, all you need is warm water. No heavy duty makeup remover or elbow grease required. When washing your face (do as I say, not as I do), simply smooth the tubes away from your lashes with your fingertips, or hold a cotton pad soaked in warm water on the lashes for 30 seconds…the tubes will come off without leaving the surrounding area an inky mess.

The only downside to this mascara (and it’s a very nitpicky one) is the name. Because L'Oreal's decided against giving this new mascara a totally unique moniker, it could be confused with L’Oreal’s Double Extend Lash Extender & Magnifier Mascara, which features the primer…but not the tube technology. So if you decide to give Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara a try, look for the red and white packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment