Thursday, October 23, 2008

Apparently, Spoiled Pretty is a Snoozefest


Here's a comment that I recently received:

Lately it seems as if you're not as versatile as you used to be. All I see on your blog nowadays is news about Kim Kardashian and what she's wearing etc. I could easily just visit her blog if I wanted to know every update of her beauty life. It's getting boring.

Here's my response:

Sorry if you feel that this site is 'getting boring.' Many of Spoiled Pretty's readers are interested in what Kim is wearing, what she's doing, and what makeup she's currently using. Obviously, this site can't be all things to all people...but many visitors enjoy my Kim K posts because it's an extra step to visit her blog and weed through all of her posts to get the beauty/style news they want. Also, you might notice that (unlike Kim's actual blog), Spoiled Pretty provides links to her favorite products...which eliminates the need to perform Google searches and Internet sleuthing. Many readers appreciate that they can just click a link and be transported to the retailer's website.

Here at Spoiled Pretty, it's just me. I don't have a staff and I don't have an intern. I have a full time job (40+ hours per week), a family and a life. And still I find time to post every day - and often, several times a day. I report beauty news like it’s my J-O-B, even though it’s just my H-O-B-B-Y. So I apologize if it appears that I’m slacking off and not bringing my A-game 24/7. But, to be honest - if this site is getting to be a snoozefest, then there are plenty of other beauty blogs on the Interweb you can hit up instead. I encourage you to go out there and find one that will keep you sufficiently entertained. And while I normally do appreciate feedback, I think you will agree that your comment borders on spiteful criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment