Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'll Never Apply Blush The Same Way Again

Jillian Dempsey is a smart cookie. She's the lucky lass who took McDreamy off the market. So when Jillian, a makeup artist and Global Creative Color Director for Avon, shared her tips for choosing and applying blush...you best believe I'm taking copious notes.

"When I'm working on a client, I smile so she'll smile, which accentuates the best part of the cheeks to apply blush. I put the the highest concentration of color just outside of the fattest part of the cheeks - not directly under the eyes. You don't want that flush of color to be too close to the nose or the temples because that screams 'too much blush.'"

Since reading Jillian's advice in November's issue of Allure, I have been applying my blush exactly as she recommends. And I have to say that I am amazed at the difference a few millimeters can make. For the first time in what I fear is too long, I actually look like I'm blushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment