Saturday, October 4, 2008

New York Fashion Week: Beauty and Bags and Boots, Oh My!


I have so many untold NY Fashion Week stories, you don't even know. I've been meaning to get back to my FW reporting, but I have been up to my eyeballs at work, and busy co-chairing the Total Beauty - Total Cure Breast Cancer Awareness campaign with the hilariously snarkalicious Amber.

So hop into my DeLorean, switch on the Flux Capacitor, and let's rev this baby up to 88 mph. We're going back in time...

During New York Fashion Week, L'Oreal held an exclusive blogger event, and I was one of the lucky few on the invite list. At an expansive and gorgeous townhouse - complete with a tdf courtyard - I sipped mimosas, noshed on blueberry pancakes and chatted up some of my cosmetics-craving colleagues. As a parting gift, L'Oreal presented us all with Fashion Week survival kits, packed with a festival of goodies. It was then that I was formally introduced to my new fave lippie, HIP Jelly Balm.


Here's me and Amber. Fix your eyes on the chicness that is my Krina handbag. The Calista Tote (in Azure) is both functional and feminine, made of rich Italian leather and accented with gold-plated hardware and flirty tassels. The Calista is oft seen on the fabulous fashionplate, Katherine Heigl!

Later that day, Amber and I popped by the Boots booth at the Bryant Park tents, and were introduced to one of my Fashion Week beauty discoveries. No7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion
is a pearly lotion that contains light reflecting particles to illuminate your skin exactly where you want it, while diffusing imperfections such as fine lines and wrinkles. Highlight your cheekbones or brow bone to look truly radiant...or mix with foundation for an all-over glow.


Check us out, getting our glow on. You too can look this dreamily dewy...and for less than $13!

PS - Like my earrings? Get your own from Forever 21 for less than $4!!!

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment