Thursday, October 9, 2008

New York Fashion Week: Terexov, Spring 2009


Last month, Jamie and I scored second row seats at the Terexov Spring 2009 show. That’s just how we roll.

From the moment the lights dimmed, Bobby Womack’s “Across 110th Street” started wafting from the sound system, and Chanel Iman turned the corner wearing a multi-color worldmap printed silk dress, 29-year-old Russian fashion phenom Alexandr Terekhov shot to the top of my favorite designers list.

“I love the energy of New York – the women are very glamorous and beautiful,” Terekhov says. “It is incredibly exciting and inspirational to be able to present my work to one of the top fashion audiences in the world.”

Homeboy knows how to put on a show, that’s for damn sure. His 34 designs rendered me speechless.

Key Makeup Artist Nadine Luke used the following MAC products to compliment the collection:

Skin - Mineralize Satin Finish Foundation, Select Sheer Loose Powder
Eyes - Paintpot in Painterly, Liquidlast Liner in Blue Horizon, Pro Lash Mascara, Brow Set in Clear
Lips - Lip Erase in Pale, Lipstick in St. Germaine

Juan Carlos Maciques (for Rita Hazan Salon) side-parted the models’ hair, twisted the front sections and pulled them back into elegant chignons.

After the show, I channeled my inner supermodel and Jamie snapped some photos of me striking a pose in front of the tents. And how sweet is my arm candy? Ridiculously chic, right? It’s fitting that I chose this gorge Ranhee Joo handbag to accompany me to the Terexov show because, like the talented Alexandr Terekhov, Joo is one to watch.


Her debut collection launched this past summer and includes the "Bellona" (above) and "Clio" slip-in handle clutch. The designs are timeless and luxurious, with a modern edge and practical elements. “As an industrial designer, it's in my blood to want to create something that is innovative and functional," she says. "I guess this is what makes my bags so special because they will always be fresh and creative, with function in mind.”

My Bellona Convertible Pleated Handbag in chocolate is a little slice of heaven. I just want to eat it up. As you know, I am a handbag enthusiast and I have amassed quite a collection. But with its soft leather, glossy crinkled patent leather and plethora of pockets, it has become one of my favorites. Just don’t tell the others…they’ll get jealous.

When Ranhee Joo blows up and every startlet is holding one of her handbags, just remember who was wearing it first.

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment