Friday, October 10, 2008

Creme-a-licious!


When they release a new collection, the kind folks at MAC usually send me a sampling of goodies. The care package whets my appetite, and then I head to the MAC store/counter to pick up more beauty treats. But I was so jonesing for the new Cremesheen collection, I couldn't help myself. I totally jumped the gun and bought myself Speak Louder (clean poppy blue pink) to satisfy my craving.


Lustre used to be my favorite MAC lipstick finish. Today, Cremesheen might just have taken the title. Like Lustre, Cremesheen is somewhat sheer with a beautiful sheen...but the consistency is creamier (hence the name) and the color is more amplified.

Robin, the wonderfully helpful makeup artist at Macy's midtown Philadelphia store, suggested that I top Speak Louder with Lustreglass in Pinkarat (soft-toned pink with gold pearl).


I have to admit, it was an impulse buy. But seeing how delicious Pinkarat looks on its own proved to me that an impulse purchase can be a sound investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment