Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Some Like It Lukewarm


I didn’t want to comment on this...but as the day wore on, Lindsay Lohan’s pictoral in New York Magazine irked me so much that I felt compelled to post.

I can’t say that I’m surprised that LiLo got nekkid. I mean, it was inevitable that we were going to see her boobies sometime soon. But what baffles me is why legendary photographer Bert Stern chose Lohan to recreate the shots that Marilyn Monroe made famous. Makes you wonder who turned him down before Lindsay jumped at the bit.

The iconic photos of Marilyn are artistic and haunting. She was sex and beauty combined, then personified – with a touch of sadness. Lindsay’s attempt to channel Monroe’s effortless sensuality is just sad. It comes off as a cheap imitation – cubic zirconias, if you will, to Marilyn’s diamonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment