Monday, February 25, 2008

Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye Pencils

The other day, I received a package in the mail. When I opened it, I was surprised to find a generous assemblage of beauty bounty – courtesy of my friends at Milani.

My favorites of the bunch are their new Runway Eyes. Each compact contains a single powder shadow that can be used dry for a shimmery, sheer wash of color – or wet, for a more intense look (and as a liner).

The colors are absolutely yummy to look at. And though many of the color options appear quite bold, they are surprisingly wearable.

Now that I’ve had a chance to play around with the products, I can honestly say that anyone can wear these shadows. The lighter colors are so sheer that they compliment a wide variety of skin tones. And the darker shades can be used to create a very easy smoky eye when applied with a dry brush – even for those of you who typically gravitate towards paler eye colors. The only warning I have is that these shadows aren’t particularly long-lasting; so I would advise prepping the lid with a primer. My recommendation is Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion. Otherwise, these get the Spoiled Pretty seal of approval. Scroll down for more color swatches.


I was also impressed by Milani’s Color Brilliance Eye Pencils. The pencils go on very creamy, apply smoothly – so they won’t tug on your eyelid, and the color payout is very good. In the pic, you can see the colors I received (black, purple, aqua, and green).

Milani cosmetics are available at your local drugstore.















No comments:

Post a Comment