Friday, February 29, 2008

Lady Gray


Ebony and ivory
Mixed together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my eyelids, fingers, toenails
Why don’t we?

I’m not going to say anything silly like “such and such is the new black”…because, really, we hear enough of that nonsense every season. There are so many makeup trends right now that even a beauty buff, like me, can’t keep up. But I will tell you that one craze I’m digging is the color gray.

Unlike brown or beige, this basic is anything but boring. It’s neutral, with an edge – yet very versatile. Which cloudy colors am I crushing on?


Essie’s Great Expectations (from the Spring 2008 ‘In The Mood’ color collection) is the lightest, softest, sheerest gray with a subtle hint of glimmer. It goes on creamy and lasts for-evah.

MAC Eye Shadow in Alum is a mid-tone blue grey with soft blue pearl (Satin). A few weeks ago, while browsing at Bloomingdale’s, I was eyeing up this shade for about 10 minutes - when a MAC makeup artist offered to dust some on my lids. A few minutes later, I had the sexiest (but somehow effortless-looking) smoky eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment