Thursday, February 21, 2008

Urban Decay’s Main Ingredient Must Be Crack


Urban Decay’s main ingredient must be crack, or some other controlled substance. Because that’s the only explanation I can find to rationalize my addiction to their products.

Case in point: this past weekend, I went to Sephora – for writing inspiration; I didn’t intend to actually purchase anything. But you know how it is – you start playing with the testers and soon enough, you’ve convinced yourself that you can’t live without some new beauty goodies. Well, that’s exactly what happened to me. I couldn’t walk away from the Urban Decay display without tossing three of their 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils into my basket. I already owned Deviant (bold blue), but she was lonely. So I bought Bourbon (brown w/ teeny gold glitter), Covet (peacock green), and Rockstar (dark purple) and took them home with me.

So the next day, I’m all excited to start experimenting with the pencils…but guess what happened. I opened up the Covet eye pencil box, and there was nothing inside!

How could I have walked out of the store with an empty eyeliner box? Here’s how: I’m an idiot. It obviously weighed much less than the other boxes (cuz there was nothing inside – duh). But I guess I was so giddy, and fiending for an Urban Decay fix, that I had a momentary lapse in judgment.

Luckily, Sephora has excellent customer service (shout out to Robin at the Willow Grove, PA store). I explained the situation, and they’re shipping me my liner. Don’t ya just love happy endings?

So the moral of the story is check the package before you leave the store. Well, that and Urban Decay must have crack in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment