Sunday, April 26, 2009

What To Use When Your Hair Is Tore Up, From The Split Ends Up

The label for PhytoSpecific’s Vital Force Shampoo and Conditioner indicates that the products are meant for “Curly, Frizzy, or Relaxed Hair.” To be more accurate, the packaging should say: “If your hair is tore up, from the split ends up, open up your wallet.”

The shampoo and conditioner don’t smell very good; the smell isn’t awful, but it’s definitely not something that’s going to engender deep breathing or orgasmic outbursts - like in the old skool Herbal Essences commercials. But the fragrance is a non-issue for me, because the products work so fabulously.

The Vital Force Shampoo hydrates and deeply nourishes very dry, damaged, and brittle hair. Since I started using it, I’ve noticed that my hair feels more moisturized and less brittle - and my hair breakage has decreased significantly.

The Vital Force Crème Bath is a conditioner with high concentrations of shea butter, jojoba oil and sesame oil - which penetrate the hair’s cuticle to deposit vitamins and nutrients that tore up hair is craving. The conditioner’s gummy texture is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced…I’ve been using it for a month, and I still marvel every time I get in the shower. But once you rub it between your hands, it transforms into a creamy consistency that glides through hair.

Usually when I apply conditioner, I’m too lazy to comb it through; but the Vital Force Crème Bath is so amazing that I make sure to always work it through with a wide-tooth comb - to ensure that no strand misses out on its gummy goodness.

PhytoSpecific Vital Force Shampoo and Crème Bath conditioner are available at Sephora and beauty.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment