Monday, April 20, 2009

Is Aveeno Scared of the Dark?


The other day, while I was flipping through one of my many fashion mags, I spied an ad for Aveeno's new Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30. As someone with the sensitive skin curse, I am very familiar with Aveeno's line of products - and I'm a big fan of their gentle formulations. So when I read about the product's "unique combination of natural mineral-based tints - which seamlessly cover to blend away imperfections - and clinically proven Total Soy Complex to even out skin tone and texture in four weeks," I got very excited. Well, that is until I noticed that it only comes in two shades: Fair to Light and Medium.

Now, I'm not saying that the tinted moisturizer needs to launch in a kaleidoscope of colors. But, dang...would it have hurt to also offer a Deep or Dark option?

I have to say that, as a beauty junkie of color, it is extremely frustrating (not to mention insulting) when certain skin tones are ignored by the beauty industry. If brands can create products to grow stubbly lashes into fabulous fringe, or supersize skinny lips - surely they can create foundation, powder, concealer and tinted moisturizer in more that two hues. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment