Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Favorite Skin Care Products EVER: Amala


It's really difficult to admit this, but I used to be very dismissive of natural and organic beauty products - particularly skin care. I used to believe that I needed to patronize products with harsh chemicals to get my problem skin to act like it had some sense. In fact, I would often joke that I didn't care what damage a product did to my insides, as long as my outsides were looking good.

But I've done a complete 180 since discovering Amala, a luxurious collection of skin care and body care products with 100% natural formulas.

Earlier this month, I began testing Amala's new Purify line - for Earth Day editorial consideration. Purify is a collection of products formulated for oily and acnegenic skin types. The products help control excess oil and shine, clear clogged pores, and prevent and heal blemishes and blackheads with treatments inspired by the healing plants and flowers of Eastern Asia.

So for three weeks, I've been religiously using the Purifying Gel Cleanser, Purifying Face Polish, Purifying Toner, and Purifying Moisturizer. And I have to say that besides feeling like I'm indulging in an extravagant spa treatment every time I use these citrus-scented products, my skin hasn't looked this good in years.

My acne is now very mild, if not practically nonexistent. And my skin is so radiant that many of my friends have remarked about the drastic improvement in my complexion.

While Amala's Purify price tag isn't exactly recessionista-friendly (products range from $30 to $136), these products are, in my expert opinion, an absolute steal for the results you'll see.

I am so enamored with the Purify line that I want to tell every person I meet about this brand. I would gladly be the company's spokesperson and do commercials - because I feel so strongly about how the treatments have transformed my skin. Hell, I'd do it for free...in exchange for a lifetime supply of this stuff.

Amala is available at Barneys New York and amalabeauty.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment