Wednesday, May 14, 2008

When Did You Fall In Love With Beauty?


Most beauty addicts can pinpoint a moment in their life when they fell in love with hair and makeup.

For me, it was my Barbie Styling Head. Back in the day, I would spend hours trying to replicate the exaggerated 1980’s beauty trends on my Barbie Head. I braided and teased her hair within an inch of its life. At one point, I remember filling my mini hands full of Eucerin lotion and slicking Barbie’s hair back – a la Robert Palmer’s Addicted to Love. And in the 80’s, the head came with powder and cream “makeup” that was probably only meant for Barbie's plastic face…but inevitably ended up all over my highly sensitive one. They didn’t worry as much about toxicity and choking hazards back then. Ah…those were the days.

When did your love of beauty begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment