Monday, May 19, 2008

Everywhere in L.A. Takes Twenty Minutes


Cher, Tai, and Dionne.


Amber, me, and Marina.

This past weekend, I traveled to Los Angeles to attend the first ever Total Beauty Blog Community Summit, in partnership with Intelligent Beauty. Over 60 of the top beauty bloggers participated in workshops on editing beauty content, public relations, innovative online marketing strategies, cutting-edge technology tools and techniques, as well as beauty trend forecasting and new product launches.

Now that I’m back in Philly, I’m ready to dish. You’re nosey and I’m chatty, so here’s a recap of things seen and heard at the summit:


Dr. Alan Hirsch has created Sensa, a revolutionary weight-loss system that uses the science of taste and smell to turn off your hunger. Just sprinkle Sensa’s “tastants” on all of your meals and snacks to feel full faster, eat less and lose more weight. The beauty bloggers in attendance are the first to receive Sensa (besides those involved in the clinical trials), and you best believe we were sprinklin’ it on everything, child!


Kirsten Lambertson from Beauty Riot, Nadine Haobsh from Jolie Nadine, Anne Fritz from Jet Set Girls, Tia Williams from Shake Your Beauty and Annie Tomlin from BellaSugar presented a discussion on blogging as a career. I took copious notes, asked questions, and hardly breathed during the hour-long session. These ladies are blogging rock stars, people – and I was so in awe of their talent.


Over lunch, they announced the Total Beauty Awards. From the more than 120+ blogs in the blog community, Spoiled Pretty won for "Best Content." If greasiest face was a category, I probably would have taken that too.


Dusty Simington, award-winning hairstylist from Salon Gregorie's in Newport Beach, had this to say about being in a hair rut: "If you look at your Christmas pictures and your hair looks the same from year to year, you’re uninformed and your hairdresser is lazy and tired." Dusty also bemoaned Katie Holmes’ ubiquitous bob, remarking, "If you see it, kill it." I was rolling!


I received a makeover and got some professional headshots done. The makeup artist used products from RAW Natural Beauty and Redpoint Cosmetics – and ever since, I have been infatuated with RAW Minerals Foundation, Redpoint Rejuvenating Blush Duo in Barely Rose, and Redpoint Volumizing Lip Gloss in Cuddle.


On Saturday night, we attended a Venice Beach VIP Party at Air-Conditioned Lounge. But by 11:45pm, Amber, Marina, and I were all partied out and went outside in search of our ride.

Fortunately, the limo-bus was parked in the adjacent lot. Unfortunately, the driver was nowhere to be found. So we sat down on the curb and anxiously awaited his return.

Ten minutes before another bus finally showed up, a hoopdie full of teenagers drives by and one of the occupants asks us, “Are you guys coming from the prom?” Not knowing whether to be flattered or insulted, we simply said no. Then the girl adds, before driving off, “Well, you guys look good!” Ridic, right?

I brought home a ton of products that I can’t wait to review and knowledge that I can’t wait to implement. Many thanks to Total Beauty for affording me this amazing opportunity to better my blog and connect with the members of this incredible community!

No comments:

Post a Comment