Friday, May 30, 2008

If NARS Orgasm Doesn't Work For You, Read This...


I hate when beauty brands or makeup artists speak in absolutes. When I hear that a product allegedly works on all skin tones, I want to shout, “That’s impossible – nothing works on everyone!” So for a couple of years, I’ve been walking around feeling sorry for myself because Orgasm looks like crap on me. Every time someone gushes about how Orgasm is a must-have for every woman’s makeup bag, I want to throttle them.

Don’t get me wrong…I think it’s an ab fab color. And it does look gorgeous on most women. But on me, it looks like sparkles. The first few times I tried Orgasm, I thought I was doing something wrong. I thought if I applied it differently, magic would happen. So I used a brush. Then a puff. Then my fingers. I applied it lightly. Then heavily. And nuthin’.

Then, when NARS released Orgasm The Multiple, I though that it might be the answer to my Orgasm prayers. But, again…nuthin’. Just sparkles.

But guess what…I am happy to report that I’ve finally found my Orgasm. Except it’s called Torrid, and it’s perfect for light brown girls like me. This sexy flush of coral shimmer is exactly what I thought Orgasm would be. So if you’re like me, and have been silently cursing Orgasm all of these years, go and brush your shoulders off. While all of your friends are going on and on about their Orgasm, you'll be enjoying a Torrid affair.

And while you’re at the NARS counter, check out Sandpiper/Daredevil Lip Gloss/Stain. Sandpiper is a shimmering amber coral gloss (when NARS does shimmer, they don’t mess around) and Daredevil is a deep scarlet stain. It’s great to keep in your purse because it takes you from day to night. Just be careful with the stain.

Make sure to exfoliate your lips in advance, because the stain will highlight dryness and flakes. And when you apply, dot the stain on the middle of the lips and blend outward with your finger (cuz the pigment is potent). “Don’t go all up in there with the stain,” says Jason, my new fave makeup artist at the Walnut Street Blue Mercury store. Thanks for the words of wisdom, Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment