Friday, August 31, 2007

Laying It On Thick

A few weeks ago, I was in C.O. Bigelow - zipping through the aisles like a Whirling Dervish. A helpful salesgirl, seeing I was overwhelmed by the plethora of products, approached me and asked if I needed help finding anything in particular. Usually I coyly answer, "Just looking" - hoping that the salesperson backs up and leaves me to my own devices (eg- testing 20+ shades of lipgloss on the back of my hand).

But this time, I actually needed some assistance. I explained that I turn into an oil slick during the summer and I'm sick of looking shiny all of the time. So she patiently guided me around the store, suggesting cleansers, toners, and other oil-obsorbing products. I purchased a few, and when she rang me up, she threw a good amount of samples in my bag as well. Now that's what I call customer service (shout out to my local C.O. Bigelow store in the King of Prussia Mall)!

When I returned home, I ripped open my bag to see what beauty booty this girl had bestowed upon me. I was excited to see that she had included DDF's Daily Matte SPF 15, which I had heard such wonderful things about. Sephora describes the product as, "Ideal daily care for oil and combination skin, this lightweight, shine reducing fluid is oil-free and boasts a powerful SPF 15." Well, when Sephora says it's powerful - they ain't just whistlin' dixie.

I applied the Daily Matte immediately after washing my face, and I had planned to follow with a lightweight foundation. As I started smoothing the product onto my face, I couldn't help but be a bit turned off my how thick it felt. I then became more annoyed that it kind of sat on top of my skin, rather than melting into it - the way I thought it would. In fact, to be perfectly honest, it was like slathering sunblock onto my face. Now I realize that the product contains sunscreen, but so do plenty of other facial mositurizers and treatments...and they don't leave me with a Coppertone complexion.

My skin hated this product so much that I couldn't bear it on my face for more than 5 minutes. I had to wash it off and start all over. Don't you just hate when that happens?

Hence, I'm going to have to give Daily Matte SPF 15 two (manicured and Essie-polished) thumbs down. But don't think I'm hating on DDF products...I absolutely love their Sulfur Therapeutic Mask, which helps to clear blemishes, clogged pores, acne, and seborrhea.

No comments:

Post a Comment