Sunday, August 26, 2007

Don't Believe The Hype

Yesterday, I had a birthday party to attend, but not a thing to wear (on my lashes). Normally, I would have zipped on over to Sephora or a department store for one of my favorites – Dior Diorshow and Lancome Hypnose – but I was pressed for time. So instead, I went to the local drugstore and purchased a tube of Maybelline’s Define-A-Lash, hoping that it would suffice.

Maybelline promises that Define-A-Lash is a “zero clump mascara” that “creates stunning length with clean definition”. I disagree with Maybelline’s claims, as the mascara did not deliver length that I would describe as “stunning” and my lashes were far from clump-free. The product did impart good color, but isn’t that something you expect from mascara (with the exception of clear ones)?

I should have purchased Maybelline’s Great Lash, but I’ve seen so many commercials and advertisements proclaiming the virtues of the new rubber brushes. So I decided to give Define-A-Lash a try. In my experience, the brush was flimsy and cumbersome – and I doubt that I would ever purchase another mascara that uses a rubber brush.

Bottom line: don’t buy into Maybelline’s promises or be seduced by Define-A-Lash’s lime green packaging. With so many superior mascaras on the market, there is no justification for wasting $8 on this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment