Thursday, August 16, 2007

When Life Hands You Lemons

My skin is usually dry, but the summer humidity in Philadelphia turns my face into an oil slick. It’s so embarrassing to go about my day thinking I look okay, or maybe even good – just to catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror or pane of glass, and realize that the light reflecting off of my forehead has been blinding people wherever I go. And don’t get me started on the countless potentially flattering photos that have been ruined by my shiny t-zone.

I’ve tried my fair share of oil-free moisturizers, mattifying gels, blotting sheets, toners, and powder to know that any attempts at shine control need to start with your cleanser.

One of my favorites is by Fresh. Cleansing Balm with Lemon Oil is a corrective cleanser that controls combination and oily conditions without stripping the skin. Lemon oil acts as an astringent and antiseptic, sandalwood oils rebalance skin, and emollient olive complex dissolves excess sebum while sending a regulating message to skin's oil glands.

The going rate for shine-free skin is $38 for a 3.4 oz tube. Sounds pretty steep…but in my opinion, it’s a small price to pay for renewed confidence in the way I present myself to the world.

Cleansing Balm with Lemon Oil is available for purchase on the Fresh website, as well as at Sephora, C.O. Bigelow, Blue Mercury, and Douglas Cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment