Saturday, August 18, 2007

Making Scents

I realize I just wrote a post about perfume. But let’s face it…when it’s 95 degrees out and there's 100% humidity, sometimes you wish that people would go easy on the perfume/cologne, or maybe not wear any at all. Although I guess that could lead to all other sorts of B.O. issues, being that it’s 95 degrees and 100% humidity. That’s why I’m a firm believer in a good body wash. What’s the difference between a good and bad body wash, you might ask? A good body wash’s scent should subtly linger without overpowering the senses. It should be fragrant, not pungent.

Now although I enjoy many products from Philosophy, their Bath & Body Gels just aren’t up to snuff, in my opinion. When I discovered the brand a while back, I was extremely excited by their variety of body washes. From Cinnamon Buns to Frozen Lemon Custard, Philosophy’s flavors run the gamut. I assumed that because the body wash cost $16, that the ingredients must be more luxurious than, say, Dove. I assumed since they were made by Philosophy, that the scent must have extraordinary staying power. In the end, I learned a good lesson – especially valuable to a beauty addict like myself. The lesson is…just because it’s more expensive doesn’t mean it’s better.

Which brings me back to good body washes. One of my favorite body washes is made by a company called Pure & Basic…and for only $7.99, it is everything I would expect from a high-end product. All Pure & Basic products are made with the highest quality natural biodegradable ingredients, essential oils, and botanical extracts; products are packaged in recyclable containers; they use no FDC colorants; and they don’t test on animals.

The body washes come in nine scents (I heart the Wild Banana Vanilla) that delicately linger, for an understated fragrance. The Pure & Basic line also includes a variety Hand & Body Lotions, Shampoos, Conditioners, and Deodorant – so you can mix and match to create your own signature scent. Pure & Basic is available through select retailers, so check their website to see where they’re sold near you. I usually get mine at TJ Maxx or Marshalls…and at half the price – so check the discount stores before you pay full price or buy online.

No comments:

Post a Comment