Monday, January 24, 2011

OPI Black Shatter and the Katy Perry Collection


I can't remember the last time I was this excited about my nails. Peep my polish...I layered OPI's new Black Shatter over top of MAC Nail Lacquer in Soiree (from their Cham Pale collection) to create a rose gold leopard-esque print!

Black Shatter creates a crackled finish when applied over any dried nail polish (it doesn't work on bare nails - I tried). It accompanies the Katy Perry Collection by OPI - which is gorgeous in its own right.


Teenage Dream


 
Not Like the Movies



Last Friday Night



The One That Got Away

When I saw an ad for this collection in one of my fashion magazines, I instantly fell for the glittery shades: Teenage Dream and Last Friday Night. But after OPI sent me some samples to review, the others won me over in a big way. At first glance, Not Like The Movies may look like your standard silver, but it's actually a light purple and green duochrome that is perfect for those who love to rock an edgier nail. And The One That Got Away is the most beautiful berry shimmer I've seen in a long while.

I've been meaning to do some more swatches and post the pictures - which I still intend to do. So check back soon...

The Katy Perry Collection by OPI launches this month at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard's, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $8.50 ($10.95 CAN) each.

Even though I already own one of each, I plan on buying (and hoarding) at least two more bottles of the Black Shatter...and I suggest you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment