Monday, January 10, 2011

Makeup Mondays With Mario: Tips For Lasses With Glasses


Celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic is answering your burning beauty questions!!! Every Monday, he will answer a beauty/skin care question as part of a weekly column on Spoiled Pretty, Makeup Mondays with Mario.

Hi Mario,

I'm a makeup junkie and a big fan of yours - so this is very exciting being able to ask you a question personally. Anyway, here's my problem. I wear glasses and I need advice on wearing eye makeup. I think my eyes are my best feature, so I want to show them off. But I don't want to go so heavy that my glasses will magnify everything and make me look crazy. Do you have any tips? Thanks!

-Tanya


Thank you, Tanya!  This is a good question that I don't get asked often about so I'm glad to help!  I'll start out by saying that if you wear glasses, you should look and feel equally beautiful as when you're not wearing them.  A nice pair of glasses can even lift the eyes and face if the shape points towards the outer corners and isn't too round. 

Keep the eye makeup simple because, like you mentioned, everything tends to look magnified. Magnified lashes could be gorgeous - but flecks of glitter or super shimmery shadow in the crease?  Not so gorgeous. Use natural tones that suit your eye and skin tone and stick with textures that are matte or satin-like. I love a nicely drawn line on the upper lid for definition and it's important to curl the lashes and apply and even coat of mascara to top and bottom lashes. 

Eyebrows should be groomed and filled in - if needed - as well. You can really have a good time trying on different pairs of frames in colors that flatter your makeup and skin tone. Another look I really love is a red matte lip paired with clean eyes and a bit of highlighter on the cheekbones - it's sexy and confident.  What more could you ask for? 

Thanks for visiting Makeup Mondays With Mario!

xo,
Mario

Got a question for Mario? Email your makeup and skin care queries to spoiledprettyquestions@gmail.com, and check back next Monday to read Mario's expert advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment