Monday, January 24, 2011

Makeup Mondays With Mario: Blush That Won't Budge


Celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic is answering your burning beauty questions!!! Every Monday, he will answer a beauty/skin care question as part of a weekly column on Spoiled Pretty, Makeup Mondays with Mario.

Hi Mario,

I love your blog, and have been reading all your posts at Spoiled Pretty! I need some help with making my powder blush last. I put on my blush after applying my primer, cream foundation, and loose powder. I am using a variety of blushes, including NARS, MAC, and Wet n' Wild, but none of them seem to stay. Is there anything I can do to get my powder blush to last longer? Thanks!

-Cassidey

Hi Cassidey!

Powder products tend to stay better on moisturized skin. You mentioned that you're using a primer, cream foundation and loose powder which all work. However, using an emollient moisturizer will certainly help your blush and any powders to last longer.

Another way to get your cheeks blushing longer is to first apply a cream blush and follow with a powder blush right over it. I do that often when I need a client's makeup to last through the day and night.

Thanks for visiting Makeup Mondays With Mario!

xo,
Mario


Got a question for Mario? Email your makeup and skin care queries to spoiledprettyquestions@gmail.com, and check back next Monday to read Mario's expert advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment