Friday, April 25, 2008

Me Gloss You Long Time


I don’t typically gravitate towards long-lasting beauty products. I can appreciate that cosmetics companies are trying to give consumers more bang for their buck. But I’m fickle. I change my mind all of the time, and I don’t like my makeup overstaying its welcome. This is usually the case. But I’ll make an exception for Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15.

As you can see from my amateur swatches below, this product puts the gloss in lipgloss. Check out how it reflects the light!

Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 promises 8 hours of shine – and while I would say 8 hours is a stretch, it’s not too far off. Yesterday, while riding the bus to work, I swiped some on my lips. My mouth was still super-shiny come mid-afternoon. My only criticism is that the taste leaves a bit to be desired. I’m the kind of girl who loves a gloss with some flava – and this one tastes kinda clinical. Sorta old school, if that makes any sense. I think it’s the sunscreen. Otherwise, I have no complaints.

I predict that these lipglosses will become my summer staples. Philadelphia humidity has a tendency to melt everything off of my face. So it's nice to know these babies will stay put.


From left to right: Bonfire, Sunset, and Tenderheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment