Monday, April 21, 2008

Johnson's Baby Cologne

By the weekend, my rash had gotten so bad that I had to go back to the doc’s office. Afterwards, I took my new prescription to CVS - then browsed around the store, waiting for my Rx to be filled. While searching for the magazines, I took a wrong turn down the baby aisle…and guess what I saw? Johnson’s Baby Cologne. Yes, you heard me right. Baby cologne.

Here’s the 411 on this shameful new product:

Johnson’s Baby Cologne has a gentle, fresh fragrance with a pleasant combination of floral and citrus hints. It leaves your baby smelling clean and fresh. This clinically proven mild formula is alcohol free, making it just right for your baby's delicate skin.

What is this world coming to? What kind of parent is thinking, “Damn, my baby really reeks. Maybe Johnson’s is onto something with this baby cologne!”

I actually smelled this stuff, and it’s truly awful. Don’t get me wrong – I do not condone spritzing cologne on infants. But if your target consumer is still in diapers, wouldn’t powdery notes be more appropriate than floral and citrus scents?

I think that if any parent attempts to purchase Johnson’s Baby Cologne, they should be met at the register by Child Protective Services. Just a thought.

Click here for the horrendous commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment